Welcome, come and stay awhile!

Thursday, July 23, 2009


Hi Beadheads, A little birdie told me a certain bead artist did $10,000 in Ann Arbor last week! As my friend Faith said we should defiantly look to her for guidance and inspiration. Which brings me to the topic what really makes work sell? Having alot of it in the booth? Is that better than a minimalist approach? How important is pricing? This is the trickest question...too high people won't buy too low they buy but there is no real money made. I was told by one customer last weekend that I had really good prices, she did'nt buy anything so what does it all mean? For instance the pendant pictured above sold last year I think for around $70. I did make money on it but certainly not alot of money. Maybe I'll raise my prices for Charlevoix. I don't think $45 is that much to pay for earrings, but as of now I only charge $38. I think if someone really likes and wants a certain earring price will not be a big factor as long as it is reasonable say below $60. Today I am off to the studio to continue making beads for special order and for a few new pieces for Charlevoix, thanks for checking in, have a good day, BK~

No comments:

Post a Comment